Projects with Extra/External Funding
- EUCogII (funding: EU)
- 2nd European Network for the Advancement of Artificial Cognitive Systems,
Interaction and Robotics.
(Formerly, until 12/2008, euCognition)
- Roberta Regiozentrum Osnabrück
(funding: special grant by UOS)
- Designing and teaching to kids classes about programming Lego robots.
Moreover, supporting others (e.g., school teachers) to do this.
- Cooperation with Fraunhofer IAIS
- In addition to the projects named above, we have a long-standing cooperation with
the Fraunhofer Institute Intelligente Analyse- und Informationssysteme
(IAIS), Sankt Augustin.
(funding: EU, FP7-ICT, Cognitive Systems and Robotics theme; has ended 11/2014)
- Robustness by Autonomous Competence Enhancement.
(funding: BMBF Internationales Büro; has ended 06/2012)
- Methods for Map-Based Reasoning. A cooperation project with the
MUSE group at Massey Univ.,
Palmerston North, New Zealand.
(has ended 09/2011)
- An umbrella project about indiviual, smaller technology transfer projecs that are
organized upon request and compensation by external companies.
Typically, such projects are organized within UOS's Institut für Innovations-Transfer
From 10/2011 on, these activities are performed in the
Osnabrück Branch of DFKI-RIC.
- A student project for participating in Mixed Reality competitions (such as RoboCup)
- Adaptivity in Hybrid Cognitive Systems
(funding: special grant by UOS, since 2009 extended by Lichtenberg scholarships by the State of Niedersachsen)
- A Research Training Group (Graduiertenkolleg) with the Institute
of Cognitive Science, Osnabrück, for running a structured PhD program.
- RoboRithmics (funding: DFG)
- Algorithmic and technical methods for controlling an autonomous exploration robot.
The KBS group is an associated partner to this project, TU Braunschweig being the contractor.
- LISA (funding: BMBF; has ended 07/2009)
- An autonomous mobile robot as assistant system in a life-science environment.
- MACS (funding: EU; has ended 11/2007)
- An autonomous mobile robot exploiting the concept of affordances
for interacting with objects in dynamic environments.
- ELROB 2006
- Participation at the European Land-Robot Trial.
- A project where we participate with partners at RoboCup Rescue Competitions.